Sunday 10 November 2013

The Providore at Mandarin Gallery

The Providore at Mandarin Gallery is brought to you by the people behind Jones the Grocer. I was there a few weeks ago with kx, su and rose for dessert.
I love the interior decor, which is both rustic and chic at the same time. We ordered a few desserts to share since we had quite a heavy dinner.

Mixed berry gelato ($5.50). Super light and refreshing, great for a sweltering afternoon or after a heavy meal. It's extremely addictive, with a good balance of sour and sweet, and I find myself reaching for it constantly.
Salted butter caramel gelato ($5.50). The person who came up with the idea of mixing butter with salted caramel is genius. Salted caramel is something that I can never resist, and I think this definitely made it to one of my top 3 salted caramel ice cream.
Strawberry shortcake ($8.50). Unfortunately, this looks better than it tastes. It's on the dry side, and I personally feel that the cake wasn't spongey enough.
Lemon meringue cake ($8-$9), can't remember the exact price. This was rather disappointing as well. It had quite a dry texture, just like the strawberry shortcake, and it tasted like raw lemon. 
With my girls! Mann, how I wish we were all still in school :(
I've only been to Providore on weekday nights and I think it's a really great spot to chill since there aren't many customers around. Will definitely return for their gelato ice cream! 

333A Orchard Road
Mandarin Gallery, #02-05
Singapore 238897 
Hours: Daily 9am - 11pm

No comments:

Post a Comment